Need Helpful With Packing Tips?
Whether you’re moving across the country or across town, moving is always a little stressful — and packing is often the hardest part. But with the right preparation, it doesn’t have to be. By getting organized, packing carefully and avoiding rookie mistakes, you can be sure that your belongings will arrive intact — along with your sanity.
1. Start off with the right supplies
Avoid multiple trips to the store by setting yourself up with a full inventory of packing supplies. Here are the basics:
- Bubble wrap for fragile items
- Tissue paper or blank newsprint (newspaper ink can stain)
- Plastic zip-top bags for collecting small items together
- Strong packing tape
- Labels and markers
- Stretch wrap for securing doors and drawers
2. Collect a variety of boxesSure, you can snag some free boxes at the grocery store, but you’ll be limited as to size and quality — You never know what you’ll get. You’re better off buying boxes in a variety of sizes from your local home supply store. Some special boxes you might want to consider:
- Wardrobe boxes for hanging items
- Specialty sized boxes for art and mirrors
- Dish pack boxes for breakable items such as China, crystal and wine glasses
- Boxes especially for TV , Pictures, & Mirrors
3. Know your boxing basics
Think you know how to pack a box correctly? Consider these tips to make sure:
- For anything breakable, pack the bottom of the box with a bunched layer of paper for Cushion in the bottom for protection ,Be sure to stuff it into the corners.
- Choose the right boxes for the right items. Heavier items — like books and tools — should go in smaller boxes. Lighter items — like towels and clothes — can go in big boxes.
- Don’t leave unnecessary space at the top of boxes — they could collapse when stacked , so bunched layers of paper at the top to keep the box full and for an extra cushion.
- Packing Pictures, mirrors, flat glass , keep box flat like an envelope and tape the bottom of the box securely, bunch paper into a roll and place at the bottom of the box and bubble wrap the picture and slide it into the box topping with another layer bunched of paper and tape box securely on the top it should be flat like an envelope when completed.
- Packing plates and flat dishes. Bunch paper and put in the bottom of the box for Cushion. Bubble wrap each picture or paper wrap each picture placing them into the box vertically & never flat. And top with more bunched paper at the end for more cushion , never leave the box room at the top to collapsed or cave in.
- Glasses ,wine glasses & coffee cups , Bunch paper at the bottom of the box for cushion and wrap each glass with two pieces of pack or bubble wrap. Keep each glass in upright position , Never laying them on their sides. Cushion the top of lots of paper at top , never leave room at the top of box to collapse or Cave in.
- Avoid mixing items from different rooms in different boxes. It will make unpacking a lot easier.
- Once you’ve filled and taped up your box securely, immediately label it clearly — before you forget what’s inside!
4. Think outside of the box — literally
Get creative and make sure you’re using everything at your disposal when packing up your home. For instance:
- Pack your clothes in suitcases, laundry hampers, baskets and any other carriers you have around the house.
- Save money on bubble wrap by using towels, washcloths and even clothes to pack breakable items like glasses and dishware.
5. Create an inventory
A home inventory is a smart thing to have for insurance purposes whether you’re moving or not, but it just so happens that moving is a great time to put one together if you haven’t already. As you pack your belongings, make a list of your most valuable items, and photograph them as well. This will protect your belongings in case of accident or theft.6. Pack a first-night bag
There’s nothing worse than arriving at your new home and not knowing where anything is. Besides the obvious overnight bag with a change of clothes and toiletries, pack a first-night bag with the following:
- A flashlight
- Trash bags
- A box cutter
- Cleaning wipes and other basic cleaning supplies
- Toilet paper
- Shower curtain
- Tool kit
- Electronics chargers
Do you consider yourself a packing pro? If not call Us @ Jones Moving with 35yrs of experience, family owned and operated,
we can assisted with all your question , or Moving needs for your next Local or Long Distance Move. Our Office staff is here 7days a Week Call Scottsdale moving service 480-946-6683 Phoenix moving Service 623-221-3335 Surprise moving company 623-975-6683 Glendale moving service 602-944-1413
Check out our A+ rating with the better business bureau
https://www.bbb.org/phoenix/review/1000011229/Http://jonesmoverz.com CALL 623-221-3335