Discover the best moving company in the Valley!
In previous blogs, we talked about why you may need to hire a professional moving company and why its a smart choice. Specifically, what types of questions to ask your movers to ensure you’re working with the best moving company in your area. I’m going to help you make a great choice for you on your moving day.
Question 1: How long has the moving company been in business?
This question will give you an idea of their expertise and track record. It’s important to hire a moving company that has been in the business more than a year and knows how to deal with all sorts of furniture. Such as oversize furniture, high end furniture, antiques, baby grand pianos, pool tables, gun safes, hot tubs and any of your packing needs.
Question 2: Can they provide client testimonials?
Testimonials and reviews are a great way to evaluate a business. A company that can’t provide any positive reviews, referrals, either online or on paper, is a company you should be wary of.
Question 3: Are they licensed?
All licensed moving companies that travel long distance should have a US DOT number which is issued by the Department of Transportation. This shows that they’re a reputable moving company.
Here is our US DOT # 1851753
Question 4: Are they Insured?
Knowing that your moving company is insured will give you a peace of mind. Not only should your moving company have truck insurance, they should have a general liability policy to cover any property damage, both of these policy are extremely important to have. Keep in mind the state only requires moving companies to carry .60 cents per pound per article. Your movers should offer you some sort of moving insurance with a third party for extra coverage. Here is information on a third party company http://movinginsurance.com
While there are other considerations to take in account, these four questions are the most important.
They will give you an good idea about the companies reputation and character. Hiring a moving company that you feel confident in and can trust to handle your most precious belongings is absolutely crucial. Don’t settle for a company that’s cheap. Spend a little extra for a company that you can be sure to get the job done right with no damages.
Give us a Call 7days a week from 7am to 7pm we are here to help you make a smooth transition to your new place.
Let our family help your family. 602-944-1413 http://jonesmoverz.com
Do YOU Need Qualified Movers to move your High End or Unique Pieces of Furniture?
There are many options to consider when hiring a professional moving company. If you
have expensive or oversized furniture you need to deal with experienced movers that
are knowledgeable in your moving needs. You don’t just want to hire your average
moving company to move your Baby Grand Piano , Gun Safe, Antiques, Hot Tubs,
Pool Tables, Side by side refrigerators & Oversized Furniture. Some of the moving
companies charge extra for all of the above pieces. We don’t believe in extra fees for
unique pieces of furniture, that should be covered in your hourly rate. So beware of those crazy fees.
So you need to check references and check the BBB. see the link to our BBB Review page
VISIT PAGE AT:
You need to hire a real moving company, not one that does a little of everything such as painting, pluming, yard work & etc. That isn’t a real moving company.
We at Jones Moving have been serving the community for over 30 yrs and are very knowledgeable in all types of move.
We even hoist large pieces of furniture over balcony’s that are oversized.
We are here 7 days a week from 7am to 7pm to answer all you questions on moving services or packing services.
Call us today you won’t regret it!! 602-944-1413
Things you need to know when looking for Movers!
There are many options when you start searching for a local moving company or long
distance movers. So your question is how do I know where to start to find a good,
dependable, reasonable priced mover.
Well, there are three categories of moving companies. I’m going to set your mind
at ease ,by giving you some important information.
Looking for a cheap local movers, here is what you need to know and need to ask yourself
or the movers. If you are hiring a Moving Company that is charging $35.00 per hour for 2-men
or $49.99 per hour for 3-men, it usually too good to be true.
They usually charge extra fee’s which always ends up costing more money in the end.
If you do the math for the labor, truck fee, gas and insurance, there wouldn’t be enough money
for that company to stay in business. So many if these companies charge extra for stairs,
heavy items, Shrink wrap, fuel charges, mileage and many more that could end up costing more
than if you would have went with a reparable professional moving company.
When hiring a Licensed Professional Moving Company you will pay less in the end.
They usually get done a lot faster with no damages.
They usually don’t have a truck and you would need to rent a truck for them to move you.
Most of the companies are not on Google Maps or Yelp and Some of these companies on
Craigslist have changed their name, due to bad reviews.
Cheap Long Distance Movers:
There are a lot of moving companies that say they do
long distance moves , but in realty they usually sub it out to a third party company.
When the third party gets there they can change the price since you didn’t ever talk
with them about your move. Which will put you in a big bind ,since you need to move
on short notice. So you need to ask the company doing your move, will your
company be the ones moving me or another company. Also, Ask them to email the quote
so you have something to go by when the movers show on loading day.
Mid Price Movers & Family Owned:
Most mid price movers are family owned or individually owned and they take
great pride in there business. These company want to keep a good reputation
in the community and are licensed and insured to protect you and them self.
They will provide the truck, tools, dollies, pads, experienced movers with
background checks. They usually don’t have hidden charges for stairs,
heavy items, mileage fee, tape & etc..
Average rates are 2-men @ $65.00 per hour and 3-men @ $100.00 per hour + travel time
On the onsite estimate you will usually get one of the owners that would
do your estimate which is good ,because they have knowledge in what it
take to do the move.
Long distance moves: Some companies do work with the third party
companies so do your homework.
The Owner of our company does all of our long distance moves and he
has been in this business for over 30 yrs. He loves his job and it show with all his happy customers.
Van line Moving company & Franchise Movers:
The Big companies and franchise company are usually high by the hour for local moves due to
the large overhead, such as salesmen and office staff that helps ran the company and high pay
scales and health plans. For the most part the movers have to get certified by getting trained
by there own training team. The estimators are salesmen and have never even done a local or
long distance job. They are usually high pressure salesman for the customer to book on the spot.
Long distance moves are done by owner operators, which usually have to contract help at either
end for loading and unloading. The driver is paid a flat rate and they have to pay there own labor
With all of the information you will need to check on your movers at the
BBB for reviews that will make you feel comfortable and trustworthy to
choose the right company for you.
If there is anything we can help you with please Call us 7 days a Week.
Call TODAY! (602)944-1413
or visit our website: http://jonesmoverz.com
Common office moving mistakes
Let us help you from making some common mistakes when moving your
office to a new location. Many companies don’t think they can afford to hire a professional moving company, so they assign the responsibility to a member of their own staff. But reality is that most employees have little to no experience of managing an office relocation project. Let’s face it moving office can be a full-time job in itself and not to mention that you have to continue to take care of your day to day responsibilities.
Call Candice at Jones Moving and Storage to get answers to your questions. For friendly service
Apartment Moving Tips
Moving to a new apartment can be an exciting time and also a very stressful at the same time. Here is a few things that will help make your moving transition go smooth as possible.
Packing early all the things you don’t use on a daily base. See our packing blog for correct ways to do your packing. There is a science behind packing everything the right way so things don’t break when moving them. You could always hire professional packers if you don’t have time to do it yourself. Pack a Essential box it will be very important to have access to that right away with toiletries, snacks, sheets, blankets ,clothes, shower curtain & etc..
Moving yourself or hiring a professional moving company. You may save in the long run with hiring experienced movers. Most moving companies in the valley will provide the truck, tools, pads, dollies and will include the gas and insurance for that truck. Bonus is that will save your back and Not have to worry about asking friends or family to help with your move. Downside, doing it yourself you will need to worry about renting a truck, paying for gas, mileage and insurance for that truck. Not to mention the equipment you will need to moving your furniture and protect everything as well. There is a higher risk of you ,your friends, or family from damaging your furniture that you care so much for.
Reservation , If your moving from a high rise building you may need to contact the building manager to reserve the elevator for your move in or out. Some High rise building will need General Liability insurance by the moving company. We have that policy for any of the buildings in the valley.
Dresser & Chest when hiring professional movers they should tell you to keep everything in your dresser drawers and take any valuable & breakable out to move them. Professional movers will have pads and big rubber bands to keep the drawers from opening. If they use tape they are wasting your money and time. If your moving yourself , You could use tape, because most likely will not have rubber band to keep them closed.
Local Moving hours for apartment moves. These hours can be more or less depending on your location from and to, stairs, long walks, elevator or how ready you are to move. 1-bed apartment 1st floor to 1st floor usually takes about 2hrs , 2-bedroom apartment 1st to 1st floor usually takes about 2-3hrs, When there are stairs it can take about 1hr longer. If you have a lot of misc or small boxes it can take longer as well.
Cheap Movers In the valley, are not as best for doing a local apartment move. They will charge you extra for stairs, tape, shrink, fuel fee, mileage . They may not even offer you a truck. They need to get the cost up to make up for the cheap rates, so beware and do your research to so if they reputable in the valley.
Why You Need Climate Controlled Storage:
Jones Moving & Storage is staffed with highly trained Phoenix Moving Crews.
Call us for Apartment moves, residential moves, corporate and commercial moves, local or long distance from Phoenix or Scottsdale.
Jones Moving & Storage
11398 N Cave Creek Rd
Phoenix, Arizona 85020
If your moving day is approaching, that means it’s almost time to clean!
As you’re moving and shuffling things around your old home and into the new, dirt gets kicked up, dust flies around and hands are touching everything. That’s why we say, leave the cleaning of your furniture until you’re moved in! Here are a few ways to spruce up your furniture in your new home!
For wood furniture, purchase a wood marker to fill in scuff marks and dings.
Have your upholstered furniture steam cleaned by a professional and it’ll look like new!
Give all of your smooth furniture a wipe-down before bringing it in the new home to reduce the amount of dirt brought in.
Though we do our best to keep clean trucks and use exceptional care when moving your belongings, dirt does happen. That’s why we say wait until after the move to worry about cleaning your furniture. You have enough to worry about with cleaning the old home before leaving so set your focus on that.
Kind in mind when moving from one place to another you may notice new scratches and dents on your furniture, that you hadn’t noticed before and may times this is due to the light change from one place to another. Our Movers will point out scratches and dents to you when they notice them. Our Guys sometime don’t see them until they get outside in the light. Its best to try and check over your furniture prior to moving day. We usually see a lot of dents on the bottom of furniture from the vacuum cleaning hitting the furniture.
- To make your move as stress free as possible, consider hiring a moving company in Phoenix.
Here at Jones Moving & Storage, we are dedicated to making your move smooth and simple, providing the best care for your belongings. Call 602-944-1413 to get your moving quote today! Visit our website for more information on packing services, local & long distance moving
Giving you Advise for your Local Move in Phoenix, AZ
- Packing: As soon as you know your moving it is a good idea to start your packing process this will help ease your mind. Start by packing all items you don’t use on a daily base like wall features, knickknacks, art work, garage items, clothes and etc. Label all boxes so that you will know what is inside the boxes and from what room it came from. Keeping all boxes in one area will help will saving time with your movers. Also don’t over pack or under pack your boxes. See our other blogs on packing information on packing and sizes of boxes to use for packing your items. If you need help packing check with your local moving company for advise or help prior to moving day.
- Time Saver: Loose items and very small boxes are very time consuming when your paying movers by the hour. So try to pack your items in one boxes instead of a lot of little boxes it will save on a lots of trips to the truck. Also, misc loose items are a waste of time for the movers, considering your paying by the hour. Disconnect your cords from opponents, beds, washer and dryers and refrigerator. Our movers will dissemble and reassemble beds, washer, dryers and TV’s with no extra charge.
- Being Ready: Having everything ready to go is so important. For exampleeverything should be removed off nightstands, dressers, coffee tables, end tables, desk, cabinets and packed up and ready to move. Lots of customers don’t realizes this will make the moving process go much slower if the movers have to remove everything off each piece of furniture to move it. Remove cords as well and put them in a safe place you will remember where they are.
- Apartment Moves: If an elevator is involved with your move, please check with your building manager to see if you must have an elevator reservation. Also, let you moving company know if there are stairs or tight turns in the stair case.
- Oversize & High End Furniture: It is very important to advise your moving company of any large pieces of furniture so they will bring the appropriate size truck on moving day. High end furniture may need extra pads and shrink wrap to protect the piece of furniture prior to moving it, so it important to let them know in advance.Moving Pianos , Pool Tables & Hot Tubs would be other items we would need to know about.
- Dressers & Chest: Clothing and linens may be left in dressers, chests and night stands, but books, valuables, jewelry and breakables – such as perfume bottles – must be removed.
- Labeling Rooms: Color code rooms will help the movers to place your items in the right rooms when your not available to tell each of the crew members where to place your items.
- Hardware: Get small bags to put your hardware from beds, desk and cabinet & anything that needed to be taking apart and label them so you or the movers will know where they came from. It will be much easier to reassemble and save you time in the long run.
- Keep out of the way: I’m going to try and say this the nicest way I know
10. Check Licensing & Insurance Information on your moving company. This is so important in the long run if anything may happen in the moving process. Keep in mind the state requirements are only .60 cents per pound per article you may want to check with your homeowners or rental policy to see if your covered when moving local. You can also get a plan through http://movinginsurance.com Something else to keep in mind is boxes packed by you and loose items such as glass, pictures, paintings, pottery, art work and etc. will not be covered under any of these policies. Also internal mechanical contents such as washer , dryers, refrigerators, television and anything in the inside of any opponents will not be covered the insurance company says we don’t know if it was working prior to the move.
11. Check Reviews: There are many moving companies out there from very good to very bad, so it is very important for you to do your homework as a consumer. Start by looking at your Local Better Business Bureau , also make sure they are accredited. These reviews are usually always legit. Here is the link to ours.
12.Cheapest Movers: Cheap movers always have crazy up charges for stairs, heavy items, wardrobe rental, fuel fee charge, long walk, tape, shrink wrap & etc. These charges are a way to make up for there low rates. Example: If you are hiring a Moving Company that is charging $35.00 per hour for 2-men or $49.99 per hour for 3-men, it usually too good to be true. They usually charge extra fee’s which always ends up costing more money in the end. If you do the math for the labor, truck fee, gas and insurance, there wouldn’t be enough money for that company to stay in business. That’s why there are so many crazy fees, plus there movers are usually not experienced. Usually Day Labors. One last thing to know is if they use shrink wrap to protect your furniture that is a true indication they don’t know what they are doing. Shrink wrap only protect your furniture from getting dirty. Heavy pads is what they should be using with rubber band to hold the pad in place, Not Tape. These cheap movers will charge you for all the tape and shrink you don’t even need. Most customer don’t know right from wrong when it come to local moving. I’m here to spread the message to our customers and anyone reading this blog.
We hope all of this important information will help make your local moving process much easier. If we can help you in
any way please call us 7 days a week from 7am to 7pm.
We would love the chance to assist with your next move.
CALL 602-944-1413 or Visit http://jonesmoverz.com
Jones Moving Company offers Cross country moving services from Phoenix AZ., to anywhere in the U.S.
Reliable Moving Company Phoenix
Best Prices and Service
Trained Crew with expert hauling and packaging
Call for our Fall Special to discuss your move.
Jones Moving & Storage