What are the biggest pieces you’ll need to transport during a move? Your couch, your bed and your dining room table. If you haven’t hired movers to get you into your new home, the heavy loads can be intimidating. There’s a few tips that we can give you as a moving company in Phoenix.
- Move the biggest pieces first. Get those out of the way so by the end of your moving day, you’re not faced with the hardest part.
- Take the furniture apart as much as possible. That is our recommendation unless you would rather do heavy lifting. If you can break down the furniture, you can move it piece by piece and make it easier on yourself and your helpers.
- Use sliders to move big pieces across the floor. You can even use something as simple as a cloth coaster from your coffee table. That way you don’t have to do the heavy lifting until you get to the exit of your home. Save your back and slide as much as possible!
- Purchase some shoulder dollys. They will free up your hands to maneuver large objects through small spaces and enable you to use your whole body to lift the big pieces of furniture.
- Lift things at an angle with your helper. Instead of one person grabbing one end from the bottom as the other person is doing the same, have one person lift from the top and one from the bottom. This will also make it easier to navigate staircases as the item will already be at the proper angle.
- Have a plan layed out so when you arrive to your new home, you know exactly where everything goes. This will eliminate any extra moving and rearranging.
Related: Protect Your Floors While Moving